MVCTC Adult Education offers a variety of services for employers. We assess foundation skills for pre-employment or your current workforce, using WorkKeys in math, reading, and locating information. We assess “soft skills,” using WorkKeys inventory and other assessment tools. We use WorkKeys profiling for specific jobs in your business for EEOC compliant results. And, we develop technical and supervisory training. For more information on how we can work with your company, call (937) 854-6297.
Farm Business Planning & Analysis - Farm Business Planning and Analysis is designed to help farmers develop, interpret, and utilize their farm records to improve their financial farm management skills. Customized training provides support for popular computerized farm record keeping packages including Farm Works, QuickBooks, TABS, and Finpak. Confidential on-farm consultations and periodic workshops teach practical financial, business, and production techniques. Fees vary on a sliding scale. For information, contact Don Garrett at 937-854-6292.
Leadership and Supervision - This short term development course provides a good overview to new or experienced supervisors wishing to enhance their effectiveness. Develop insight into management, leadership, and behavioral styles, learn how to communicate more effectively, and how to work better with adults. For information, please contact Joel Sink 937-854-6089.
Public Safety - Every community depends on trained, certified emergency care providers. MVCTC offers classes in CPR, EMT (basic, intermediate, and refresher), Firefighting, and First Responder. EMT class work and clinical experience prepares the successful student to take the National Registry Exam. For information, please contact Tony Stringer at 937-854-6094.
Skills Assessment - The MVCTC Assessment Center provides a convenient, professional location to certify credentials in an ever-expanding range of fields. Our Assessment Coordinator will develop a customized assessment for your organization to ensure the selection and/or promotion of the best, most qualified personnel for the position. Our assessment processes are developed to meet EEOC and ADA guidelines.
We offer the following exams at MVCTC:
- Aviation Exams – LaserGrade FAA Powerplant, Mainframe, private and Commercial Pilot and other aviation exams are available through the LaserGrade program at MVCTC. Assessments are computer based and scored immediately. Results are transmitted via the Internet to LaserGrade, who notifies the FAA of your scores.
- TSA Exams – Transportation Security Administration Screener Assessment Battery (TSA-SAB) and Transportation Security Administration Aviation Law Enforcement Readiness Test (TSA-ALERT)National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- American Culinary Federation
- Cosmetology (written exam)
- Ohio Fire Alarm Certification
- STNA (State Tested Nurse Aide)
- HVAC Refrigerant Handling
- ACT WorkKeys
Contact Joel Sink at 937-854-6089 for more information.