We’re sure you have many questions about the MVCTC experience and we urge you to call us at (937) 854-6297 to share those with one of our trained counselors. However, you may find some of your answers right here. Below is a list of some of the most frequently asked questions and their answers.

How do I get started in a full-time program?

Complete a three-part entrance assessment. There is no charge (except Practical Nurse). Call the Adult Education office to make a reservation to test.

Do I need a high school diploma or GED to take courses?

Full-time programs require a high school diploma or a GED, while short-term courses do not.

How can I get my GED?

To sign up for free GED classes, call 937-854-6287.    To register or for more information about the GED test, visit www.ged.com.

I received a diploma from a foreign country. Is this acceptable?

The Adult Education Administration would have to make a decision based on many factors. Please contact the Adult Education Office for assistance.

How do I register for a short-term course?

Registration can be done online (some exceptions), by telephone, or in person. Full payment is required to register.

When do I pay for a short-term course?

You must pay for the course when you register. We recommend that you register 2 to 4 weeks in advance (4 to 6 weeks for Nurse Aide and Phlebotomy), because classes do fill quickly.

Where do I buy books and how much do they cost?

All textbooks are included in the cost for short-term courses. Welding courses may require a few essential basic tools to begin class.

Can I get Financial Aid to pay for courses?

Short-term courses that are 12 weeks or less in length are NOT ELIGIBLE for financial aid. Financial aid is available to those who qualify for full-time programs. Potential sources include: Pell Grants, Stafford Loans, Workforce Investment Act (WIA) and Veterans Benefits, etc.

What types of payments do you accept?

We accept cash, check, money order, VISA, Master Card or Discover.

What are the Adult Education hours of operation?

Monday thru Thursday 8 am – 7 pm, 
Friday 8 am – 4 pm

When do you offer the Nurse Aide course?

Nurse Aide is offered once or twice each month. Each course is two weeks in length. This course often fills to capacity, so it is recommended that you register 4 to 6 weeks before the start date.

Why is the Nurse Aide course blocked on the web site when I try to register?  Is the course full?

This course does not allow on-line registration. You must register in person because this course has pre-requisites.  Please contact the Adult Education office for information regarding the pre-requisites.

Do you offer job placement?

We do not have a job placement office. However our staff and instructors are great resources to assist you in your job search.

When should I register for courses?

Short-term courses require full payment when registering. Registration should be made at least 2 – 4 weeks before courses begin. It is suggested that you register early since some classes fill quickly. Full-time programs should be started two months before the start of the program (except Practical Nurse). Practical Nurse should be started at least 6 months in advance of the start date.

Do I earn a degree or certificate after completing courses?

Each student receives a Certificate of Completion when they finish a short-term course or full-time program.  At present, we do not offer college credit or degree programs at MVCTC.